Saturday, February 26, 2011

How a second will be etched in a memory.

Fate is funny. When you really want to see a person, the person will disappear from your sight. When you want to put the person behind you, suddenly the person just appears in every nook and corner around you. Just 3 inches, that's how far we were. Close enough to touch one another, but yet so far away that we had to ignore each other's existence. I can't bring myself to look at her in the eye, neither can she accept the eye contact. I had to distant myself from her, after all, that's what she wants. I destroyed every possible way to contact her, so that I will not have anymore sentiments for her. So that she will no longer need to experience the awkward environment, the disgust when she sees me, and so that I will not be disappointed every time I try to converse with her. I am trying to respect her wishes at the expense of how I feel but I can't run away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment